I'm a lecturer in the School of Mathematics at Monash University, Melbourne - Australia. I'm the early career representative for the school, and open day organiser. My research interest is the interplay between algebra and combinatorics, particularly the emerging area of algebraic design theory. My current research focuses on the construction and classification of cocyclic Hadamard matrices and other orthogonal designs.
Areas of mathematics I'm interested in: algebra, algebraic design theory, category theory, combinatorial design theory, difference sets and relative difference sets, group cohomology, group theory, Hadamard matrices, orthogonal designs, representation theory of finite groups, sequences and arrays with good autocorrelation.
I'm the chief examiner, coordinator, and lecturer for Foundation Mathematics for Engineering ENG1090. I'm also regularly involved in the coordination and tutoring of ENG1005/2005, and lecturing and tutoring of MAT1841.
Sscroll down for publications.
9. Barrera Acevedo and Dietrich. New infinite families of Williamson Hadamard matrices. Australas. J. Combin. (2019).
8. Barrera Acevedo and Dietrich. Relative difference sets and Hadamard matrices from perfect quaternionic arrays. Math. Comput. Sci. (2018).
7. Barrera Acevedo and Dietrich. Perfect Sequences over the Quaternions and (4n,2n,4n,2n)-Relative Difference sets in C_n x Q_8. Cryp. Comm. (2017).
6. Tan, Barrera Acevedo and Izgorodina. Generalized spin-ratio scaled MP2 method for accurate prediction of intermolecular interactions for neutral and ionic species J. Chem. Phys. (2017).
5. Halat, Seeger, Barrera Acevedo, and Izgorodina Trends in Two- and Three-Body Effects in Multi-Scale Clusters of Ionic Liquids J. Phy. Chem. B. (2016).
4. Rigby, Barrera Acevedo and Izgorodina Novel SCS-IL-MP2 and SOS-IL-MP2 Methods for Accurate Energetics of Large-Scale Ionic Liquid Clusters J. Chem. Theo. Comput. (2015).
3. Barrera Acevedo Inflation of perfect arrays over the basic quaternions size mn=(p+1)/2 Lec. Not. Comput. Sci. (2014).
2. Barrera Acevedo and Jolly Perfect Arrays of Unbounded Sizes over the Basic Quaternions Cryp. Comm. (2014).
1. Barrera Acevedo and Hall. Perfect Sequences of Unbounded Lengths over the Basic Quaternions Lec. Not. Comput. Sci. (2012).