in the MEDIA
ANIMALAND / Alan Dorin
- Prestup - Life Magazine, interview by Jasmina Maric, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro, April 2006
- Pixel / Creation Numerique (magazine), interview by Alain Lioret, France, September 2006
COMPUTERS, PHILOSOPHY and ART
- The Age, interview by Patricia Maunder, Livewire, Personal Space, Green Guide, p. 23, 30 August 2007
STRUCTURES, STRICTURES & STUDENTS
- realtime + onscreen, expert commentary (for Melinda Rackham), Challenge and change in media arts education, RT110, pp. 22 & 24, August-September 2012
ARTFICIAL LIFE IN THE ANCIENT WORLD
- The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald, interview by Deb Anderson, Was there artificial life in the ancient world?, "Ask an Expert", The Age, Higher Education supplement online (and header in print, p. 12), August 28, 2012
- Monash University news, by Shana Stewart, Technology alive and well in the ancient world, 17 August 2012
- The Conversation, Matt de Kneef (ed.), We are the creators of artificial life - both now and through the ages, 11 September 2012
- Machines Like Us: Science News at the Speed of Thought, (lifted from The Conversation) We are the creators of artificial life - both now and through the ages, 11 September 2012
EUREKA PRIZE national science award
McCormack J., McIlwain P., Lane A., Dorin A., Eureka-Museums Australia-Google Prize for Innovation in Computer Science, 28 August 2012
- ABC Science (by Dani Cooper), Eurekas reward patience and ingenuity, News In Science, 29 August 2012
- Australian Museums/Eureka (by Australian Museum), Music software a perfect composition, 28 August 2012
- Monash University news (by Emily Walker), Two Eureka moments for Monash Researchers, 29 August 2012
- Sydney Morning Herald, (anonymous listing) Eureka Prize winners, 29 August 2012
- Cosmos magazine (by Jacqui Hayes), Eureka awards celebrate top Aussie Science, 28 August 2012
- Monash University Memo (by Emily Walker), Eureka! Awards success for Monash researchers, 5 September 2012
- Monash Research Bulletin (by Monash Research Office), 2012 Australian Museum Eureka Prizes, No. 53, 10 September 2012
THE HISTORY OF SCIENCE, MATHEMATICS, PHILOSOPHY and TECHNOLOGY lecture series
Dorin A. (chair/organiser), Faculty of Information Technology, Monash University, 22 August - 7 November, 2012
- Issues Magazine, Sally Woollett (ed.), Models of Life: a Brief History, (article by Alan Dorin), August 2014.
ARTIFICIAL LIFE, Art and Creativity special journal issue
- The Australian (Section: Business Review), Scientists aim to be the bee in pollination trial, Jennifer Foreshew, 17 November 2015.
- Elsevier, How citizen science is helping solve conservation problems, E. Ellwood, July 2017.
- PODCAST host, How is AI, data and technology used in crime and what can we do about it?, speaking to Prof. Liz Campbell, A/Prof. Asher Flynn, Dr. Campbell Wilson, Aug 2019.
- Video: Monash Futurist - Inside AI, Can virtual bees help feed the world?, Feb 2020.
- Video/Webinar: AI and Data Science for Sustainable Development, AI and Machine Learning for Predicting Species Responses to Global Change, Presented by R. Tingley and A. Dorin (starts 00:32:48) Oct 2020.