I commenced my doctoral study at Monash in February 2012. Prior to this, I was an undergraduate student at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IITM). I graduated in July 2011 with an Integrated Bachelor's & Master's degree in Computer Science and Engineering with Chemistry as my minor subject.
You may contact me via email:
Research Interests: My primary research focus is on computational modelling of protein 3D structure and architecture. I build on the concepts derived from the below mentioned research topics.
- Inductive inference using Minimum Message Length (MML)
- Directional statistics and their applications in protein modelling
- Data analytics
- Parthan Kasarapu, Maria Garcia de la Banda, Arun S. Konagurthu, "On representing protein folding patterns using non-linear parametric curves.", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, no. 1, pp. 1, PrePrints, doi:10.1109/TCBB.2014.2338319
- Konagurthu, A. S., Kasarapu, P., Allison, L., Collier, J. H., & Lesk, A. M. (2014, January). On Sufficient Statistics of Least-Squares Superposition of Vector Sets. In Research in Computational Molecular Biology (pp. 144-159) 2014. Springer International Publishing.
- Kasarapu, P., Saravanan, M., & Garigipati, P. (2010, April). Exploring Social Patterns in Mobile Data. In Advances in Databases Knowledge and Data Applications (DBKDA), 2010 Second International Conference on (pp. 62-68). IEEE.
- Mohan, Saravanan, Kasarapu Parthan, and Prasad Garigipati. "METHOD AND ARRANGEMENT FOR SEGMENTATION OF TELECOMMUNICATION CUSTOMERS." U.S. Patent 20,130,179,223, issued July 11, 2013.
Teaching: I was fortunate enough to be able to tutor and teach the following units offered in the Faculty of IT at Monash University.
- Data Science (Tutor+Lecturer, Semester 2, 2014)
- Introduction to Business Information Systems (Tutor, Semester 1, 2013)
- Computational Science (Tutor+Lecturer, Semester 2, 2012)
- Introduction to Computer Science (Tutor, Semester 2, 2012)