Jases' Bloody Mary
Here’s a variation on the Bloody Mary and probably the best I’ve ever had:
- 16-ounce glass, or jug of sorts
- index finger
- taste buds.
- 30ml vodka, (preferably Absolute but lets face it any will do the job)
- 70ml Tomato juice (sounds nasty, yet tasty!).
- 2 generous dashes Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce.
- 3 aggressive dashes Tabasco or other normal hot sauce.
- 10ml Lime juice OR Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 5 shakes of the celery salt.
- 1 generous turn of the black pepper mill (coarsely ground).
- 2 pinches of red cayenne pepper.
- 1 miniscule pinch of salt.
- 2 oysters
Merely go down the ingredient list, chuck everything in the glass, stir with index finger, or spoon if anyone is watching, and add a generous amount of ice.
Put oysters in shot glasses and fill with Bloody Mary.
This works best when you quadruple the ingredients and make in a jug batch first, then pour over ice in separate glasses. Crabmeat makes for the unexpected touch, plus they taste bloody good
Alternative: garnish with
- 1 wooden spear with the following:
- 2 large italian olives
- 2 cocktail onions
- 1 piece cold, sauteed, crabmeat on top (saute in butter and Cajun spices until cooked, set aside until cool)