Pulsing Plates (Thymidine addition)
Always use radioactive tag to divert radiation
Keep everything sterile
Media with added thymidine will be in fridge in culture room in a yellow-capped tube.
- IN HOOD: place white mat to absorb any liquid
- Put plates on white mat in hood
- Mix media and pour into small petri dish
Dispense 10uL media into each well with media already in
Once added, replace plates in numerical order in the incubator (put radioactive tape on top plate)
- Located in bottom drawer next to hood on the left side
- 10uL tips are located in white box on shelf next to hood on the right side
- To load tip: Big lever down, small lever up. Slide in tip until it clicks. Push down small lever to lock
- With thumb, push up big lever to fill the tip
- Always push dispensing lever once to release air bubbles
- To dispense, push lever once
- To release tip, discard waste by pushing down big lever, lift up small lever and slide out tip. Replace tip into packaging
- If there is not enough media, fill wells from top to bottom starting from the right side as those wells are the most important.
- Use a 1mL pipette to get out any bits of media in yellow tube
- Discard left over media back into original yellow-capped tube
- Put used tip(s) in a 50mL waste tube.
- Wrap up all thymidine waste in the white mat and tape up with radioactive tape. Place parcel in white icebox on windowsill.