Paraffin wax sections for immuno fluorescence
Tannic Acid Tissue Preparation:
- Place organ(s) in 0.5% tannic acid / methanol, O/N, 4°C
- Remove organs from tannic acid and put into methanol and wash x3 changes, 10 min
- Remove organs from methanol and put into ethanol and wash x3 changes,10 min.
- Remove organs from ethanol and put into histosol and wash x2 changes, 30 min and 1x 60 min.
- Remove organs from histosol and place in cassettes. Place in fresh wax 2x 120 min.
- Embed organs in paraffin and allow to cool
- Cut block on microtome as for formalin fixed tissues