- Society for Research in Child Development International Award, 2007
- Monash University, Faculty of Education, Dean's Award for Excellence in Research by Early Career Researchers, 2006 [pdf available]
- Australian Association for Research in Education [AARE] Early Career Researcher Award, 2004
- Positive Psychology Institute Fellowship, 2004
- American Educational Research Association [AERA] Division E (Human Development) Outstanding Dissertation Award, 2004
- University of Michigan Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2003
- AERA Division C (Learning and Instruction) Graduate Student Research Excellence Award, 2001
- University of Michigan Research Fellowship, 1998
- University of Sydney University Medal, 1993
- Australian Research Fellowship 2011-2015, DP110100472: Participation in mathematics and science careers: longitudinal study of motivational and contextual predictors.
- Australian Research Council Discovery Large Grant 2011-2015 ($564,539), DP110100472: Participation in mathematics and science careers: longitudinal study of motivational and contextual predictors.
- Australian Research Council Discovery Large Grant 2009-2012 ($320,000), DP0987614: Early career teachers' personal wellbeing and professional commitment (with Paul Richardson from Monash University)
- Australian Research Council Discovery Large Grant 2006-2009 ($185,000), DP0666253: Motivations for choosing teaching as a career and development in
the profession: A multicohort longitudinal study of beginning teachers (co-CI with Paul Richardson from Monash University, and PI Jacquelynne Eccles from the University of Michigan)
- Monash Small Grant Scheme
2009-2010 ($15,000) Gender and Occupational Outcomes
- Monash University Faculties of Arts, Law and Education combined grant 2008 ($15,000): Gender, career choice and professional engagement: A pilot study with Dr Paul Richardson (Education), Assoc. Prof. Maryanne Dever (Arts), & Dr Jeannie Paterson (Law).
- The Victorian Institute of Teaching, research contract 2007-2008 ($30,000): Employment details, experiences of support and induction, self-efficacies, and career aspirations for short-term contract vs. permanent beginning teachers in Victoria, 2007 (“VIT STC Project”) (with Emma Richardson & Paul Richardson)
- Monash University, Faculty of Education Staff Project Grant 2007 ($6,000): Why don’t people choose a teaching career?
- Strategic directions grant, Faculty of Education Research Fund, Monash University 2007 ($7,000): Advancing Research in Teaching and Learning (with Paul Richardson, Kari Wilkins, Umesh Sharma, & Len Cairns)
- Monash University Engagement Grant 2007 ($2,000): Journal special issue and book production
- Monash University Engagement Grant 2006 ($2,000): Journal special issue production
- Monash Small Grant Scheme
2006 ($11,992) Self-efficacy for graduating teachers: Within and beyond the classroom walls (with Paul Richardson)