SPLASH is a free and open source visualisation tool for Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH) simulations
This is a minor and stable maintenance release:
- SPLASH_COROTATE option to plot in frame corotating with sinks
- bug fixes with handling of dead/accreted/boundary particles in sphNG/phantom
- various other bugs fixed
Get it from the download page.
9th Aug 2013: v2.3.0 released.
- can customise time formatting and precision in legend
- improvements to legends
- less verboseness
- splash can read and plot pixel maps produced with -o ascii using the -readpix option on the command line
- 3D vector field plotting improved
- workaround for bug in gfortran 4.8
16th May 2013: Leave a comment!
PASA, the journal in which the paper describing SPLASH is published, has just switched publishers to Cambridge University Press. The cool thing about this is that there is now the ability to comment on articles that are, or were, published in PASA. Thus, to encourage the use of this rather experimental feature in Astronomy journals, I would like to invite splash users to leave a comment/feedback regarding splash on the splash paper.
Some answers to frequently asked questions (including troubleshooting related to installation problems) are given here.