I am Professor and ARC Future Fellow in the Discrete Mathematics Research Group of the School of Mathematical Sciences at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. I am the Deputy Director of the Mathematical Research Institute MATRIX.
My research interests lie in discrete mathematics and theoretical computer science, especially structural graph theory, extremal graph theory, geometric graph theory, graph colouring, graph drawing, and combinatorial geometry. Here are a few of my favourite open problems.
News and Events
- 5th International Combinatorics Conference, Monash University, December 2017
- Banff Workshop on Geometric and Structural Graph Theory, Banff International Research Station, August 2017
- Barbados Graph Theory Workshop, March 2017
- 40th Australasian Conference on Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing, University of Newcastle, December 2016
- New paper Defective colouring of graphs excluding a subgraph or minor with Patrice Ossona de Mendez and Sang-il Oum, November 2016
- Banff Workshop on New Trends in Graph Coloring, Banff International Research Station, October 2016
- First Vietnam Workshop on Graph Theory and Discrete Geometry, Vietnam National University, September 2016
- New paper Majority Colourings of Digraphs with all new collaborators Stephan Kreutzer, Sang-il Oum, Paul Seymour, Dominic van der Zypen, August 2016
- New paper and new collaborator: Edge-maximal graphs on surfaces with Colin McDiarmid, August 2016
- New paper Abelian square-free graph colouring with my student Tim Wilson, July 2016
- New paper and two new collaborators: A variant of the Erdős-Sós conjecture with Frédéric Havet, Bruce Reed and Maya Stein, June 2016