I am Professor and ARC Future Fellow in the Discrete Mathematics Research Group of the School of Mathematical Sciences at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. I am the Deputy Director of the Mathematical Research Institute MATRIX.
My research interests lie in discrete mathematics and theoretical computer science, especially structural graph theory, extremal graph theory, geometric graph theory, graph colouring, graph drawing, and combinatorial geometry. Here are a few of my favourite open problems.
News and Events
- 5th International Combinatorics Conference, Monash University, December 2017
- Banff Workshop on Geometric and Structural Graph Theory, August 2017
- Barbados Graph Theory Workshop, March 2017
- New paper Nonrepetitive colourings of graphs excluding a fixed immersion or topological minor with Paul Wollan, January 2017.
- New paper Colourings with bounded monochromatic components in graphs of given circumference with Bojan Mohar and Bruce Reed, January 2017.
- January 2017: The CMSA has a new url and website: combinatorics-australasia.org.
- 2016 was a year of new collaborators. It was great to start working with: Frédéric Havet, Stephan Kreutzer, Colin McDiarmid, Sang-il Oum, Paul Seymour, Maya Stein, Dominic van der Zypen and Paul Wollan.
- 40th Australasian Conference on Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing, December 2016
- New paper Defective colouring of graphs excluding a subgraph or minor with Patrice Ossona de Mendez and Sang-il Oum, November 2016
- Banff Workshop on New Trends in Graph Coloring, October 2016
- First Vietnam Workshop on Graph Theory and Discrete Geometry, September 2016