Cubefree is a GAP package for constructing or counting finite groups of cubefree order; it has been written for GAP version 4.4. Cubefree requires the package GrpConst, which is loaded automatically when starting Cubefree, and also uses some functionality of Polycyclic.
Please see the manual for more information and a detailed description; the main functions of the package are also listed in README. The official GAP website of Cubefree can be found here.
InstallationThe installation follows standard GAP rules. So the normal way to install is to unpack the archive in the `pkg' directory, which will create a subdirectory `cubefree'.
- Download package: cubefree1.16.tar.gz
- Download package-info: PackageInfo.g
- Download README: README
- Download manual: manual.pdf
Theoretical background and further informationThis GAP package has been developed in the course of my diploma thesis at the University of Braunschweig in Germany. The underlying theory is described in the following:
- Heiko Dietrich. On the Groups of Cube-Free Order. (diploma thesis, 2005).
- Heiko Dietrich and Bettina Eick. On the Groups of Cube-Free Order. J. Algebra 292, 122 - 137 (2005).
see also Addendum to "On the Groups of Cube-Free Order". J. Algebra 367, 247 - 248 (2012).
School of Mathematical Sciences